Four years after I first ordered them, I managed to finally paint and base 297 men, 4 women, 75 horses, 3 goats, 2 bulls, and one faithful mutt:
This was a massive project for me. It’s my first army-scale force in over a decade, my first historical 28mm army, and by far the largest ever painting project I’ve undertaken. It was so big that I had to break up the project over the years as doing it all in back-to-back would have burned out my enthusiasm very quickly, so that probably doubled the time it took me.
I finished a 400AP DBMM army early last year so I could play in ValleyCon at the Hutt Wargaming Club. What’s taken me another 18 months is all the extra options that I got along with it, so now I can theoretically field about 570AP.
I’m taking a break from historical minis for a while, next up will Blood Angel Terminators for Space Hulk and some D&D-style adventurers from Red Box Games and Hasslefree Miniatures. It’s been nice to be able to spend time on one mini at a time without getting stressed out about the other couple of dozen that I have to paint in exactly the same way!
Anyway, enough of the waffle, here’s the army: